In the week of 28 May to 5 June, people around the country will be taking action to say “yes” to action on climate change, yes to a price on pollution and a clean energy future.
Will you be part of this historic moment when Australia chooses to embrace a cleaner and healthier future? There are events planned for most major cities with many more to be announced.
- May 28 100% Renewable Energy National Doorknock Day
- May 28 Australian Youth Climate Coalition public Q and A events on pricing pollution in Melbourne and Sydney
- May 30 “Stop Climate Change from Threatening Pacific Islands” Discussion evening with representatives from the Sydney Pacific community, Zanzibar Cafe, Newtown. Email Maria Tiimon firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- June 5 YES community events in every capital city
- Sydney: Prince Alfred Park, 11am
- Melbourne: State Library, 11am
- Adelaide: Victoria Square, 11am
- Brisbane: Riverstage, 1pm
- Perth: Cultural Centre, Wetlands Stage, 11am
- Hobart: Franklin Square, 11am
- Canberra: Regatta Point (near the bridge), 1.30pm
If you can’t make it to one of these planned events you can still get involved! Visit the Say Yes Australia website http://www.sayyesaustralia.org.au/ for ideas and resources.
Why say YES?
We are already feeling the impacts of climate change and our carbon pollution is making things worse. The pollution being created now threatens the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of our communities and the lives of the world’s poor — who are most at risk from the impacts of the changing climate.
To reduce pollution and embrace a cleaner and healthier future, Australia urgently needs to put a price on pollution. This will ensure big polluters take responsibility for their actions and pay for the pollution they are creating, so that we can do our bit to combat climate change.