What we plan to achieve
Our current strategic plan For a just world without poverty will guide our work until July 2013. It was developed in consultation with our supporters, members, state committees, volunteers, staff and Board.
Our work seeks one overall outcome: to bring about positive change in the lives of people living in poverty.
Our central commitments
Our approach to change is guided by our two central commitments:
- Active citizenship — helping people in poverty to achieve their rights as full citizens, demand justice, and change beliefs, policies and practices to improve people’s lives
- Accountability — supporting people to hold governments, corporations and international organisations, including Oxfam, to account for their responsibilities
Our key goals
To realise our vision we’re committed to working in partnership with others to achieve four key goals by 2013:
- Economic justice — to support people to make a decent living, leading dignified lives free from poverty and hunger
- Essential services — to help people to access clean water, healthcare, education and sanitation
- Rights in crisis— to support people to live safe from war, violence and natural disaster
- Gender justice — Each change goal has a number of objectives which guide our work.
Our internal goals
To help ensure our work is effective and efficient, we also have seven organisational goals which cover the following areas:
- To be a cohesive global agency
- To support our staff effectively
- To be highly accountable, innovative and flexible
- To grow our income, programs and supporters
- To live out our values in our daily work
Find out more about our strategic direction.