Walk Against Want
Walk Against Want was first held in 1967 to symbolise the long walk undertaken daily by women in developing countries to fetch water.
By joining us on the walk this year, you’ll be helping tackle poverty around the world.
- Start line: St John Ambulance Hall at Elgar Park, Mont Albert North
- Date: Sunday 3 May 2020
- Time: Start walking from 9am to 1pm*
- Track: The beautiful Koonung Trail
- Distance: Walkers and runners can select either 6km, 13km, or 18km, and cyclists can try 13km, 18km, or 36km.
If you’re not much of a walker you can run, jog or even cycle along the beautiful Koonung Trail.
The route is pram and wheelchair-friendly, making it a perfect day out for families, and caters to people of all fitness levels.
Walkers and runners can select either 6km, 13km, or 18km, and cyclists can try 13km, 18km, or 36km.
* Please note that 13km and 18km walkers are required to start by midday.
Want to organise a walk?
If you, your group or organisation would like to hold a walk, please email us or call 1800 088 110 for a Walk Against Want application and toolkit.