- Between 2021 — 2022, 477 volunteers contributed 24,192 hours of their time
- 301 volunteers assisted at events alone and contributed 2,462 hours of their time
- Based on the above figures, our estimated volunteer contribution for 2021 — 2022 represented a dollar equivalent of $1.01 million in productivity or 14.4 full-time salaried positions at Oxfam
- In 2021 — 2022, volunteers and interns were based in seven states and territories across Australia
- The contributions made by volunteers completing 10 shifts can enable Oxfam to help support a delegation of Pacific Islanders to travel to, and be heard at, the UN’s annual climate conference (COP).
Volunteers contribute to all areas of our organisation — in our offices, at events, in our events and in the community. They help raise funds, campaign for change, provide administrative support, help with running our events and offer their skills, time, and experience to help us carry out our work.
There are plenty of roles we have on offer throughout the year including:
- Opportunities working in our offices in Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane or remotely across Australia supporting Oxfam with admin, project management, logistics, IT support and research
- Flexible roles as part of our Micro Volunteering Program
- Roles at our Trailwalker events which are held in Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane annually
Check out our volunteer vacancies page to register you interest or apply for a role.
We also host a limited number of internships at Oxfam Australia. These are taken up by tertiary students who are required to undertake formal volunteering positions to complete their studies.
Please note that our internships are reserved for students enrolled in Australian universities only. Internships are a three-way formal agreement between Oxfam Australia, the tertiary institution, and the student. They are unpaid placements and can be taken up by students at any time throughout the year.
Oxfam Trailwalker Event Volunteering
We are immensely grateful to receive the help of many dedicated event volunteers who assist us with our Oxfam Trailwalker events each year.
Volunteers have been long been key to the success of our Trailwalker events and support Oxfam with completing a variety of roles such working at our checkpoints, marshalling walkers, trail marking or as one of the wonderful allied health volunteers who ensure our walkers are happy and healthy during the event.
Head to the Oxfam Trailwalker website to find out more about taking part.