Yesterday, our team took your messages directly to the COP16 climate negotiations currently underway in Cancun, Mexico.
We asked you to send us your messages of climate action, urgency and hope and the response we received was great! We picked out some of the most powerful messages, printed them up on huge banners and made damn sure they couldn’t be missed out the front of the conference centre!
Here’s some of your messages that we delivered to officials, negotiators and attendees of the Cancun conference:
- Don’t let #COP16 be another cop out
@Paddy__C – Australia
- Fluctuating seasons are hurting the world’s poorest
@mriceguy – New Zealand
- Just say Yes to a Green Fund!
@melontherock – Indonesia
- Lead the world by example
@simone – Australia
- #Climate justice for the world’s poorest: ACT NOW
@CyG_orgs – USA
- Come on negotiators… pull your fingers out!
@iamabstar – UK
- Riches ou pauvres, nous devons tous travailler ensemble si nous voulons survivre sur Terre.
(Rich or poor, we must all work together if we want to survive on Earth.)
@arbitraryword – France
- ¡A sembrar el cambio en Cancún! (Sow the seeds of change in Cancun!)
@emiliacop16 – Mexico
- Prenez vos responsabilités et agissez ! (Take your responsibilities and act!)
Mathieu Angelo – Quebec, Canada
- Kleine boeren zijn de oplossing (Small-hold farmers are the solution)
Mart Van den Abbeele – Netherlands
But this doesn’t mean your messages should stop! Keep sending in your #tweetbottle messages, and we’ll ensure your voice is heard by those tasked with making the decisions in Cancun.
Our Climate Tracker Phil Ireland will also be hand delivering a number of the Australian messages from this global campaign, directly to the Australian government climate delegation. Stay tuned!
- Read through some of the climate messages from your fellow Australians on our blog
- Have a look at some of the photos from our demonstration.
- Check out the global response to our call on Twitter