Election 2016: Oxfam policy asks
This Federal election, we’re calling on political parties and candidates to tackle rising inequality – here at home and abroad.
We’re asking them to commit to:
- Fair tax in Australia and where Australian companies operate
- Climate action
- Equality for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Together, we have an opportunity to influence what happens at this election.
Read more about the tangible, evidence based actions we are asking candidates to take to tackle inequality.
- Increase Australian aid and overseas development assistance
- Increase the impact of Australian aid for the poorest people
- Contribute Australia’s fair share to preventing and tackling humanitarian emergencies