Committed to protecting your rights
Oxfam Australia has always been committed to protecting your privacy. All information provided to us will remain confidential and protected. It will be used only as outlined below.
What information do we collect?
Oxfam Australia typically asks you for the following information:
- Contact information (name, address, email address)
- Personal details such as date of birth, gender, income
- Areas of interest
- Your supporter number
- Credit card numbers and/or bank account details
It is your choice how much of this information you provide. All information is held securely.
How do we use this information?
We collect this information to:
- Process donations and provide receipts
- Maintain accurate details of our supporters’ history with the organisation
- Keep our supporters informed about our work
- Help us develop our marketing activities in a cost-effective way
To ensure your privacy is protected, information from your record will not be disclosed or altered unless requested by you. We collect data such as your date of birth so we can use it to confirm your identity when you contact us. If you wish to allow another person to access your details (e.g. family member, personal assistant) you need to notify Oxfam Australia in writing and we will note this on your record.
As we have a large number of supporters, at times we use external providers to help us produce our communications and process donations. We require these providers to sign an agreement to keep your personal information confidential and secure.
When we contact you, or you contact us, we like to be sure that our staff are as skilled as possible in answering your queries and having conversations with you. From time to time we may monitor calls in order to do this.
Please note, in some areas of our website links to other sites can be found. These sites are not controlled by Oxfam Australia and therefore we cannot take responsibility for their content, claims of offer or privacy practices.
Giving you control
- All supporters of Oxfam Australia for whom we have details recorded have the right to ask for a copy of these details at any time
- Supporters also have the right to update and/or alter their details at any time. Supporters can manage their personal details online via MyOxfam.
- Oxfam Australia will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communications from us. Unsubscribe links are included at the bottom of every email that we send.
- Should you have any issues in relation to Oxfam Australia and your privacy, you can raise this with our Complaints Officer who will address your concerns promptly and advise you of your rights
When contacting us, please provide the following information:
- Telephone number
- Supporter number (if known)
- Date of birth
Maintaining your information:
To access or change your details register for myOxfam and update your details instantly online.
Alternatively contact our donor services team:
- Freecall 1800 088 110
- By email
- Mail us at Oxfam Australia, 132 Leicester Street, Carlton VIC 3053
- Fax us on 03 9347 1983
Questions about privacy:
For further information about the privacy statement contact our Privacy Officer:
- By email
- Call 03 9289 9444
- Mail to Privacy Officer, Oxfam Australia, 132 Leicester Street, Carlton VIC 3053
To register an issue in relation to the way Oxfam Australia has dealt with your privacy please contact our Complaints Officer:
- Email our Complaints Officer
- Call 1800 088 110
- Mail to Complaints Officer, Oxfam Australia, 132 Leicester Street, Carlton VIC 3053