What She Makes
Welcome to the What She Makes resource for the classroom!! What She Makes helps students explore the barriers facing garment workers seeking a living wage, how well-being is affected by poverty, and how students can get involved to pressure brands to address these issues.
Specific mapping to the Australian Curriculum:
The What She Makes education resource has been mapped to support the implementation of the Australian Curriculum.
- Civics and Citizenship Levels 7-10, Geography Year 10:
- Geographical Knowledge and Understanding required by Unit 2:
- Geographies of human wellbeing, and Year 7 Place and Liveability
- Year 8 Changing Nations
Details for Educators:
Background notes included for teachers to ensure teacher knowledge of context whilst supporting teacher professional judgment within the local context;
- Tablet- and print-friendly Student Activity worksheets;
- Detailed Lesson Plans with support for assessment tasks decisions by the teacher.