Where the money goes
Thanks to you, Oxfam reached 19.5 million people in 79 countries around the world during 2018-2019. Of that number, Oxfam Australia directly reached more than 1 million people. In partnership with our Oxfam affiliates, we reached 10.4 million people affected by disaster or conflict.
Through our advocacy and lobbying work, we have reached millions more.
The trading arm of Oxfam Australia partnered with 84 fair trade and ethical producers in 18 countries, including here in Australia.
Thanks to our generous supporters, families are growing more food, earning a living, accessing clean water and toilets, living healthier, safer lives and having their voices heard. Their contribution has made a positive difference to the lives of people around the world. Yours will too.
For every $1 we spend:
- 68 cents is used to directly support our development and humanitarian programs around the world
- 19 cents is invested to generate future income
- 11 cents is spent on essential administration
- 2 cents is spent on advocacy and campaigns
The above ratio does not include Oxfam Shop fair trade and ethical producer partners.
We spend at least 90% of funds raised from emergency appeals on our emergency response programs. The remaining 10% covers costs associated with advertising and promoting our appeals, operating our toll-free phone room, processing and receipting donations and audit and financial accountability.
For more information about where your money goes, please visit the Financial Overview section of our Annual Report.
Why your donation is so important
- 63% comes from the community (people like you!)
- 19% comes from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- 18% comes from other grants and sources