Give through your pay
Wouldn’t it be nice to changes lives just by going to work? With the Workplace Giving Program, you can.
Workplace giving is one of the simplest and most effective ways you can donate to Oxfam and help people lift themselves out of poverty. You choose the amount of your salary you wish to donate and it will be deducted from your pay — giving you an instant tax benefit. It’s a win for you, your organisation and for Oxfam.
Last year, workplace givers donated more than $700,000 to Oxfam Australia. That’s enough to build 50 gravity water systems to provide a fresh, clean source of water for 20,000 people in places like Laos.
Why should you give through your pay?
- It’s easy! Decide how much to give, and it’s automatically deducted with each pay cycle.
- You’ll be part of a valuable community of regular donors. Regular donations allow Oxfam to plan for the future so we can do even more with your donation.
- Because of the immediate tax benefit, you’ll pay just $6.75 if you choose to give $10 a week. Ask your company to match your donation and you could be contributing $20 per week to Oxfam while paying $6.75!
- Your contribution can help people access clean water, send kids to school, empower women and save lives around the world.
What Australian workplace givers agree:
- 85% of employees feel it’s important to give back to the community through their workplace (Australian Charities Fund Research, 2014).
- 92% of workplace givers described themselves as very pleased to donate (Good2Give research, 2015).
- 79% are very passionate about the work of their charities (Good2Give research, 2015).
- 94% want giving to be easy and they feel workplace giving is quick and easy (Good2Give research, 2015).
How do you sign up?
Let your employer know that you want to give regular donations to Oxfam Australia. If we’re not already one of your organisation’s charities of choice, please nominate us. We’re happy to send all the information they need.
Spread the word and get your workmates involved so together we can reach even more people in need and help them create a better future.
Interested in finding out more? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.